Annular Cutters or also called popularly as Core Drills, or Core Cutters is one of the premium product manufactured by BDS Maschinen GmbH, Germany. BDS is one of the few manufacturers in Europe which 100% manufactures the annular cutters, in its own factory in Germany.
BDS manufactures high-speed steel annular cutters in-house at the factory located in Mönchengladbach Germany. The raw material of BDS annular cutters is sourced from one of the worlds’ best steel manufacturers, Böhler Steel.
The BDS annular cutters are manufactured on high tech modern grinding centers with the help of state of the art robots. BDS welcomes you to visit the production facility at Mönchengladbach from Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 16:00 o’clock.
BDS has in its product range mainly two types of annular cutters, High-Speed Steel Annular Cutters .and Tungsten Carbide Tip Annular Cutters.
The BDS Annular Cutters are available in millimeters and inches.
The High-Speed Steel Annular Cutters or also called HSS Annular Cutter are the most popular type of Annular Cutter worldwide.
BDS produces three types of HSS Annular Cutter depending on the raw material used:
1. HSS-Cobalt 8% HSS Annular Cutters, made from M42 high-speed steel. Used for drilling harder material and more service life.
2. HSS-VarioPLUS Annular Cutters, made from M2 high-speed steel and with an extra hard coating to drill harder material and get a smooth finish.
3. HSS-Standard Annular Cutters, made from M2 high-speed steel, used for drilling normal material. These are the most price economical annular cutters.
BDS also supplies three types of TCT Annular Cutter:
1. Carbide Standard TCT Annular Cutters are a popular type especially for drilling very hard material and larger diameters.
2. Carbide-PLUS TCT Annular Cutters are hard coated Annular Cutter for drilling material like stainless steel, HARDOX, INOX, etc. These Annular Cutters have more heat resistance and more service life.
3. Carbide-RAIL TCT Annular Cutters are the specially developed core drilling for drilling railway tracks or rails. They are also used for drilling hard and corroded materials.
The BDS annular cutters are available as standard in 30, 55, 75 and 110 mm cutting length. The diameter ranges from 12 mm to 130 mm as standard. BDS also manufactures special lengths or diameters on-demand as per customer request.
All BDS Annular Cutters are also available in inches or imperial sizes.
Annular Cutters from BDS are available in WELDON shank or shaft as a standard, but can also be supplied in the universal shank or as per request.